October 2, 2018
LASER World of PHOTONICS INDIA proofs: India’s market for lasers and photonics is growing
- Record number of visitors: 9,974 (39 percent increase from the previous Bengaluru edition)
- 158 exhibitors from 13 countries
- Supporting programs well received: Smart Manufacturing with Lasers and 3D Manufacturing
India’s only trade fair for lasers, optical and photonics industry—LASER World of PHOTONICS INDIA concluded on a high note with a record participation by 9,974 visitors and 158 exhibitors. The popularity of laser technologies is growing across many industries such as manufacturing, automotive, railways and aerospace in India. Laser and optical technologies continue to drive sharp increases in performance, opening up possibilities for new applications. From September 26 to 28, visitors explored products, recent developments and market trends from the entire laser and optical technology product range, as well as their industrial applications.
Dr. Reinhard Pfeiffer, Deputy CEO of Messe München, said: “The exhibitors are extremely satisfied with the show after three action-packed days and quality visitors. Our participants confirmed their return next year. They are looking forward to more technologies being on display driven by high industrial demand.”
Elad Volfin, Vice President Sales & Business Development at monocrom shared his delight: “It is always nice to come back to India, especially to see how the photonics market is growing and becoming an industry we can easily address with our solutions. We are looking forward to participating next year as well.”
Networking and knowledge-rich supporting programs
Two events were particularly well received among the visitors: the conference on Smart Manufacturing with Lasers and 3D Manufacturing.
- The Smart Manufacturing with Lasers conference brought together researchers, technology leaders and industry users who discussed trends enabling them to improve product quality and reduce manufacturing process costs by working smartly with lasers. One of the special attractions of the conference was the case study presented by Arcelor Neel Tailor Blank who shared their company’s approach towards laser technologies. They presented on how they implemented laser technologies to achieve efficiency and productivity in a ‘real-life’ scenario. The attendees learnt about the practical aspects of introducing laser technologies to improve production efficiencies.
- The 3D Manufacturing Conference covered all the important aspects of additive manufacturing technology and its growing popularity in the Indian market. Technology leaders, key users and practitioners participated in the program and discussed the next generation additive manufacturing products and new techniques. Attendees also benefited from experiencing hands-on demonstrations and case studies.
Additive Manufacturing Insight pavilion participant, Mr. Murlidharan, Manager—3D Printing Services from MONOTECH SYSTEM LIMITED said: “We have been really happy to participate in the trade fair as we have been receiving many enquiries for our various printing services. We also hope to take part in future.”
New business opportunities at the Buyer Seller Forum
As a business match-making platform, the Buyer Seller Forum attracted buyers from across India representing a mix of industries. During the three days, 434 personal meetings between buyers and sellers took place in the lounge.
Delighted with the outcome, one of the participants Ms. Pushpavalli of the Indian Space Research Organization’s Laboratory for Electro-Optics Systems said: “LASER World of PHOTONICS INDIA has emerged as a prestigious and indeed the only dedicated trade platform for the laser and photonics industry. With its demonstration of advanced technologies and compelling supporting programs, the exhibition has given us an amazing experience and created value right from our first attendance. We were looking for measuring equipments and have successfully come across sellers who provided precise solutions for our needs. The exhibition has been vital in efficiently connecting us with sellers and we are truly satisfied with our visit.”
Dr. Pfeiffer concluded: “The market for lasers in India is now really hotting up. Bundled with new technologies such as 3D manufacturing and machine vision, the trade fair offered an extensive range of futuristic technologies for those growing industries.”
After catering to the growing demands of the markets of Northern (New Delhi) and Southern India (Bengaluru), LASER World of PHOTONICS INDIA will expand to include the western market. The upcoming edition will take place in Mumbai from October 17–19, 2019 at Bombay Exhibition Centre. For PR and marketing enquiries contact Siddharth Narain at +91-9971600355 or email@example.com